Challenge and Objective
· Build the challenges in increasing degrees of physical demand. Start with having the group get up on the log for a certain length of time.
· Once balanced, have the group do "bobs" by collectively squatting up and down a certain number of times without falling off.
· Have the group arrange themselves by shortest to tallest while balancing on the log.
· Have the group arrange themselves by birth month, number of siblings, or age.
· Divide the group in half and ask those two halves to face one another and trade ends without stepping off the pole or contacting the ground.
Some facilitation tips
Be aware of the groups success rate. Remember that the process is important, not just the act of balancing. By progressively making the challenges harder, you can provide opportunities for success.
If the group is working as a team, but has reached their balancing limits, stop and debrief.
Copyright © 2018 Sara and Eldon Tanner Youth Camp - All Rights Reserved.